Do you have a home in South Africa? If so, then it’s likely that at some point or another your air conditioning unit will need to be serviced or replaced. When this time comes, following these and ensure that you get exactly what you want for your needs!
1) Be sure to thoroughly vet every company before choosing one by reading reviews from other customers as well as checking with local authorities about their qualifications and reputation.
2) Get quotes from at least 3 companies that provide service on the products you’re considering installing. The same goes here; get all their service records in regard to these units and get a list of previous work to find out what their qualifications are. Also, ask if they have any new aircon specials.
3) Ask about the brand of unit you are getting – a reputable company will have no problem answering this!
4) Determine which brand has features most suitable to your needs. – Does it have the option of fast cooling, or a high EER for example?
5) Be sure to ask if the unit is a “ducted” or “split system” – this directly affects the cost and installation time. A ducted system will require a hole in your roof to work properly, while a “split system” is split into indoor and outdoor units for better convenience and control.
6) Don’t let the salesperson talk you into a unit that is over your budget.
7) Ask to see a model of the air condition unit you’re purchasing! Most companies will bring one along with them for demonstration purposes.
8) Be sure to ask about the type of warranty they are providing you with – you can’t properly judge a company without this information.
9) If you choose a split system, be sure to get a quote on the installation costs, as well as the cost of ductwork if required.
10) Ask for a guarantee that their work will last you several years, and check out references from other customers to ensure this is the case!
11) A unit with high energy efficiency will be able to lower your monthly operating costs. Ask about a unit that has an Energy Rating certificate like the ones provided by Euroclass A+, which is a top-grade efficiency.
12) If you have any specific requirements, make sure that this company will be able to handle them. For example, if you have pets or children, determine whether the AC has enough electrostatic discharge protection to keep them safe.
As you can see, there are many factors you need to consider when shopping for air conditioning installation services. By following this advice, you can make sure that you not only choose a company that has a proven track record, but also make sure you choose the right type of air conditioning unit for your needs and budget!